Site Network: Home | Blogger | Gecko and Fly | About

finally a blog!

So, new blog.


I have decided that this would be a great way to start getting some thoughts down, and since my bookbag (with my journal and my amazing NASB Study Bible inside) was stolen, this can be sort of a new journal?

I am trying to make some decisions right now about where I want my life to go. I am getting involved in a new church plant that would probably be an amazing thing to get involved in, but I'm not sure I want to stay. And here's why.

The biggest, most amazing thing that has happened to me recently is discovering the avenue through which I am specifically called to serve in.

Singing and leading praise.

The Lord has placed this huge, burning desire to praise and lead worship and I am very excited to see where he takes me with it. Currently, I have the opportunity to lead worship at a new church plant (Clairmont Community Church) near my campus, which would probably give me all the training I need. But, for whatever reason, I want to just go. I think this is unhealthy; however, the Lord may be calling me elsewhere. We'll see. Right now, I think I need more than anything to fight this need for bigger and better things and to just let Him lead me where He does. 

The book I am reading, "The Heart of the Artist," talks a lot about the arts in the church and the need for artists to be in community with one another. Right now, I am STARVED for that. So much of my wanting to leave stems from this desire to have a group of believers around me that I can create with, minister to, and worship with. This is not a bad thing; however, I cannot ignore the opportunities I have had thrown in my lap. I am here in Toccoa for a reason and I think the answer is to stay, but if other things come up, we'll see what happens.

Oh, and I am going to figure out how to customize those tabs. Sometime.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment