Site Network: Home | Blogger | Gecko and Fly | About

there's really no reason for me to post this morning except that I wanted to post a picture. just for the sake of posting a picture. so, here are all the books I am in the middle of reading. A few of them I started a long, long time ago and am now determined to finish. 


Heart of the Artist
Orthodoxy
The Pursuit of Holiness
Songs of Heaven
This huge max lucado book my sister bought me with three volumes 
lol and the Bible...i didn't mean to have that one on there.

Heart of the Artist is incredible. I'm embarking on this new call to worship and it is really helping me get a new appreciation of what's happening in the church these days as far as the arts are concerned. Churches are investing a little money (some too much) in the arts and are buying great music equipment, drama sets, etc. I think it's  great, but you know there are always those people...I am starting to understand a lot more of who I am as an artist and I now understand a little more of how important it is for me to be in community with fellow artists. 

"I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy. In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be made complete." John 16:20-24

I read these verses this morning...but since my study bible was stolen (or probably lost, really) I don't have much insight. I do know that it gives me hope; it is extremely important to identify with Christ's sufferings but that doesn't make it any easier. It's funny; I was talking to a friend last night about how much we wanted to be able to see and interact with a physical Jesus. Well, this gives me hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment