Site Network: Home | Blogger | Gecko and Fly | About

church shopping


Today the Clermont Crew went church shopping. It was pretty exciting, really...I have a couple pictures but you can't really tell what's happening. There was one building that I think would have been PERFECT but the guy said someone else was already interested. It's an old brick factory in downtown Clermont that looks really cool. On one wall, the plaster is cracking away and you can see the brick. We saw lots of potential here. We also looked at a foreclosed house (which I wasn't keen on) and some industrial and commercial space. The conclusion we came to: God will put us wherever He'd have us.

I'm liking this crazy bunch...we have fun and I think the Lord will move in a beautiful way through this church plant. I like our hearts...they are genuine and hungry.

Right now, we are trying to come up with a cool, meaningful name that will say something about our church. Any ideas? Mercy Hill, Redemption Church, and maybe something like BigSky are along our likes of thinking. BigSky is a cool name, but its the name of a church
that fell apart about a year ago. So...maybe not a good idea. I'll be posting a link to our new website sometime soon, hopefully...whenever we get that up.

Also this weekend... my family and I went to see my cousin Ashley in "Lil' Abner." Our waitress "swore" she new me from somewhere and kept on about it. I think she liked me. So did everyone else. Although...she did look sort of familiar? Anyway...there are the pictures. My sister in the one on the left...I had an awesome one of her that made her look totally retarded but I was forced to delete. My cousin Katie (I freaking love her.) is in the middle and the poster child for doting grandmothers is there on the right. We love her.

Fact: My grandmother still pays for us whenever we all go out to eat. After the play, she forced my married, 23 year old sister (she looks young) to order a salad. So she did. And then only got grapes. Grams didn't mind though, saying, "Well she ate a good many grapes!" We can do no wrong in her eyes.

My phone has a terrible camera, I'm just realizing. This is ashley...she was Daisy May, or something. lol I can't remember, but it was a great play.

Great weekend...really. There is a lot going on, a lot that I'm learning, and very much to look forward to! This weekend I'm heading over to my friend Sam's house to learn a good acoustic set and (hopefully) have band rehearsal for our thing on the 13th of August.

"Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16



2 comments:

At July 29, 2008 at 8:55 PM Christian Jacobs said...

sounds like you are really enjoying your church, Jason. I am praying for you and I miss you, man. I am so glad we were in the same house this summer and got to hang out! Good times, especially when we went to broken bridges that night and sang. Use that gift, Jason, it's not just yours but yours to share for God's glory.

Peace.

Christian

 
At August 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM bbazemore2 said...

cool kid, nice. this blog is on fire.

 

Post a Comment